[squid-users] Squid and https ports

From: Simon Wright <diver06@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:37:16 +0200 (CDT)

Hi all:

Please forgive what may be a very basic question, but I run
small Squid (2.4S5 on NT4). This works fine, however one user
wants to connect to an https server that is using port 8443
instead of 443 or 563 for his web site admin.

I can add this port to the SSL_Ports acl, however I have no idea
whether this may cause a problem or allow some theoretical or
practical vunerability. Would I be better off adding a specific
access rule for the one IP address/port combination?

Thanks for any pointers.

Simon Wright
diver 0 6 at gmx dot net