Re: [squid-users] squid & linux slocate

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:44:08 +0200

I would recommend you to uninstall, or atleast disable it's cron entry
to not have it update its file database automatically. There should not
be a need for slocate on a Squid server.

If you want to have slocate running, then configuring it to skip the
Squid cache directories is a good idea, but it will still run for a
considerable amount of time hogging your I/O system.