Re: [squid-users] problems connecting squid server from Windows 2000

From: Waitman C. Gobble, II <waitman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:39:17 -0700

hmmm. what you show there is a successful telnet session to squid. What
machine is
that from? OR from what machine is that? or whatever ;-)

if that IS from the windows machine make sure you have the correct port
defined in internet options (3128 is default)

also, try specifying the actual ip address of the squid machine (looks like
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) and not the FQDN. if you don't have DNS or you have port 53
blocked then it will never find the squid box, well unless you put it into
your hosts file or something ;-)

take care

waitman