Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy with multiple protocols

From: Billy Macdonald <whmac33@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:48:15 -0700 (PDT)

You can't transparent proxy FTP or HTTPS only HTTP

There are a couple programs I've seen mentioned to do FTP. I think one was
call frox and the other ITF or something.

HTTPS can't have transparent proxy because the protocol checks for that due to
the possibility of man in the middle attack.

See http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/TransparentProxy.html
I found the above in section 2.2

Billy