RE: [squid-users] NTLM loose username

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:29:07 +0200

> hi squidders!
>
> i am using NTLM for authentication with squid 2.5.
> can anybody explain me why i am loosing the username for a
> millisecond?
> (see line 2)
> which authentication_ttl or something like that is wrong?

NTLM authentication is connection-oriented (which is by
itself a violation of the most sacred HTTP standards).
Every time a new TCP connection is made to the server, a
new authentication is performed. That operation involves
2 407/denied responses before the user's credentials can
be obtained.

It's brain-dead, but that's the way it is.

--
	/kinkie