Re: [squid-users] proxy_auth_realm

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:19:56 +0200

The browser. Squid does not enforce a limit on the size of the Basic
HTTP auth realm and sends whatever you configure in squid.conf.

There is no other strings you can display in the authentication
prompt, but you can change the error message received if the user
cancels the login attempt (either manually by the cancel button, or
by failing to log in several times causing the browser to
automatically cancel). This message is the ERR_CACHE_ACCESS_DENIED
message.

Note: For IE to show custom error messages the message needs to be
above a certain size. I don't remember the exact size, but I think
10KB should be OK... (a large comment usually does the trick if one
does not have a lot to say...)