[squid-users] problem with squid's maxconn

From: <dtalvarez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:38:19 +0800

Hi everyone,

     I installed squid-2.4.STABLE1-5 on a Linux 7.2 for my proxy server. I
want to limit the number of http connections of each user to 2. Squid has a
feature, the maxconn, to limit the http connection for each client.
However, the maxconn is not working. My configuration is as follows:

     acl max_conn maxconn 2
     acl users src 10.11.12.0/8
     http_access deny max_conn users

     I ran debug options on squid and found that the acl max_conn is
actually satisfied. The log showed the request to be DENIED because it
matched the users acl. However, the users can still open more than 2
sessions on their terminals.My users are using Internet Explorer as their
browser by the way on windows terminals.

     I might have missed something here. Any advice or suggestions will be
highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

dex