Re: [squid-users] Partial error page with IE6

From: Daniel Barron <adsl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:02:35 +0100

In message <f6434e6d4b.adsl@jadeb.com>
          Daniel Barron <adsl@jadeb.com> wrote:

> In message <200208282244.38143@henrik.marasystems.com>
> Henrik Nordstrom <hno@marasystems.com> wrote:
>

> > Then the next step is to look at some packet traces..
> >
> [snip]
>
> Ok - I'll look into it. Thanks.

For whatever reason after exactly 2 packets with an MTU of 1460 arrive at
IE from squid IE sends a reset. Thats whats happening.

I've tried with IE5.5 and IE5 as well and the same problem occurs.

I've looked on MSDN and found nothing.

I've tried a different proxy (apache) and the problem still occurs so its
clearly not a squid bug.

So I know its not squid but any ideas anyone?

I find it amazing that no one else has spotted the bug or is complaining.
Here is how to reproduce it again:

1. configure IE to use squid as proxy for all protocols.
2. Try to view: https://thisissomesitethatdoesnotexist:445/

You will get an error because 445 is not a safe port. But the bottom of
the error will be truncated. Look at the source to be sure.

--
Daniel Barron
(Visit http://dansguardian.org/ - True web content filtering)