Re: [squid-users] running quid as non-root

From: Rude Yak <rudeyak@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 17:52:52 -0700 (PDT)

  squid is a great proxy server that can be run as non-root :-) Seriously, the
reason you're seeing this message most likely has to do with your squid.conf
file, e.g.:

cache_effective_user nobody
cache_effective_group nogroup

Try setting cache_effective_group to a group name that is appropriate for your
system.