Re: [squid-users] deny_info oddity

From: Wilfried Weissmann <Wilfried.Weissmann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 14:50:31 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Wilfried Weissmann wrote:
>

>>acl IS_SSL myip 127.0.0.1
>>acl EXCHANGE_CLEAN urlpath_regex ^/exchange/
>>http_access deny EXCHANGE_CLEAN !IS_SSL
>>
>>An then the deny_info rule:
>>deny_info EXCHANGE_FW_URL EXCHANGE_CLEAN !IS_SSL
>

> To match the above http_access this should read
> deny_info IS_SSL

I think I did not explain my problem well:
If we get a request to exchange (EXCHANGE_CLEAN) and not it not over SSL
then the error page EXCHANGE_FW_URL should be returned. This is actually
a forward to the SSL-URL of the exchange page. If the request does not
point to the exchange page then another page is displayed that forwards
you away from the server (http_access deny all ...).
What I do not understand is that

deny_info EXCHANGE_FW_URL EXCHANGE_CLEAN !IS_SSL

does not work, while

deny_info EXCHANGE_FW_URL EXCHANGE_CLEAN !<***blank here***>IS_SSL

does.

> Regards
> Henrik

Thanks for your quick answer,