[squid-users] TrendMicro

From: Carmelo A. Zizza <czizza@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:50:58 -0400

Currently, we have our firewall configured with Squid, SquidGuard and
TrendMicro AV for HTTP, FTP and SMTP in the below mentioned fashion:

        LocalLAN (80) -> TrendMicro (8080) -> Squid (3128) -> SquidGuard
-> Internet

In my recent conversations with TrendMicro, I asked if we could setup
our internet traffic as:

        LocalLAN (80) -> Squid (3128) -> SquidGuard -> TrendMicro (8080)
-> Internet

There response was ->

>Like what I have mentioned before, you can put Interscan between your
squidguard server and the internet, like this:

>client -> squid -> squidguard -> Interscan -> internet.

>For you to do this, you have to configure your squidguard to route all
HTTP traffic to Interscan then Interscan will do the actual HTTP request
in behalf of your squidguard. >I am not familiar with the squidguard so
I cannot give you the exact procedures on how to do it.

As you can see, we use ipchains to redirect all 80 traffic to port 8080
which then connects to 3128 for outbound traffic. Can anyone provide
some insights on how to do this?

Thanks,
Carmelo