[squid-users] While rotating log files DNSSERVER becaomes defunct

From: Jigar Rasalawala <jrasalawala@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 09:24:24 -0700

Hi, guys

I am running Squid-2.4.STABLE 4 on RedHat 7.1. I compiled squid with
--disable-internal-dns option.
I want squid to look into my /etc/hosts file, then DNS server. uptill
now it looks good.
It works very well. I am running 20 instances of DNSSERVER process.

I used cron command to rotate log file automactially, when size becoames
1MB. When it tries to rotate
log, DNSSERVER processes become defunct. I can see them as defunct when
i execute "ps ax".
Squid server and DNS server both are on the same LAN.

What would be the problem ? Any help or suggestion appriciated..

Thanks
Jigar