[squid-users] Re: Just one most important question we have .....

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:45:38 +0200

On Friday 06 September 2002 07.21, Torsten Ermlich wrote:

> we have an MS Terminal Server enviroment, and currently the data
> flow goes this way LAN -> Firewall -> VirusWall -> ...
> Now, b/c of easyness, costs, reliability, we'd like to install a
> proxy server between LAN and Firewall, and we chosed squid for
> that. After installing it, and running some tests, we noticed that
> within the logs are only the ip adresses, or FQDNs, of the terminal
> servers. Due to the fact that there are ~20 people are working on
> each Terminal Server we have no chance to log who is doing what.
>
> Is there any way to get also that information?

Yes. By using authentication at the proxy.

Or alternatively, by installing a IDENT server on your Terminal Server
to allow Squid to query who the user is.

And yes, subscribing to squid-users for future discussion on how to
proceed would be wise.. there is many people there who can help you
on any Squid questions that may arise.