Re: [squid-users] Transparent Proxying using squid

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 07:58:07 -0500

 From the FAQ (very first entry):

1.1 What is Squid?

Squid is a high-performance proxy caching server for web clients,
supporting FTP, gopher, and HTTP data objects. Unlike traditional
caching software, Squid handles all requests in a single, non-blocking,
I/O-driven process.

Note the "web clients" part of that. So no complaining when you try to
make it work for CuteFTP and it doesn't work.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.