Re: [squid-users] resolving short URL's

From: Ricardo Kustner <hammer1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 10:13:15 +0200

Hi,

Anthony Hologounis wrote:
> I am running squid and am having trouble with the following.
> I have an issue resolving short URL's...like http://www
> Where www is a CNAME record for www.mysite.net.
> Lynx resolves http://www just fine, which tells me its a squid problem
> as Lynx doesn't go thru squid to get to the
> destination.

This is probably a DNS issue... you probably have a single "www" in
/etc/hosts on the machine where you run lynx, right?
it could also be there's a "search mysite.net" in your /etc/resolv.conf
I don't think just "www" is a FQDN... so squid won't be able to find
it... unless you compile squid w/o internal DNS support (so it'll use
the info /etc/hosts too); but that's probably not want you want for a
normal proxy server....

Ricardo.