[squid-users] Re: question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:00:01 +0200

Alessandro Brullo wrote:

> 1 - when you guess version 2.5 will become STABLE? I need it for winbind
> auth.

Real soon now..

> 2 - should I trust using pre-releases for production use?

Only if all of the following criterias are fulfulled

a) You have verified the new release to work for your purposes (should be done
even for a new STABLE release)
b) There is features in the pre-release you need, not available in the current
STABLE release.
c) You are aware that it is a pre-release, and intend to keep an extra eye on
it
d) You are prepared to upgrade to a STABLE release when there is one.