Re: [squid-users] Cache_dir - cariables

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:40:54 +0200

First question to ask is if you feel you have sufficient performance, or if
you feel like Squid is slowing things down for you.

If you feel that Squid is slowing things down for you then

1. Make sure you use a current Squid version

2. You might want to add a little ram.

3. consider using "cache_dir aufs ...". But as your number of users is fairly
low this should not be needed I think but you did not tell how active these
users are or how much web bandwidth your proxy is meant to handle. Switching
to something else than "cache_dir ufs ..." will be needed to go beyond the
disk I/O barrier at approximately 30 requests/second.

Note: For low load proxies using "cache_dir ufs .." is more efficient.