Re: [squid-users] Single Logon

From: Matt Kehler <mkehler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:12:57 -0500

I'm trying to accomplish the same. To get NDS and the NT domains to
talk, you need to install eDirectory on the MS servers. After that..it
should essentially be 'seamless'. ie, if you have a user created in
NDS, he will be able to login on the MS domain side using NDS
credentials. If this works..I don't see why you couldn't get it to work
via NTLM. Of course...I was just waiting for someone else to do all the
work first :)

Matt

richard.fuser@ernstyoung.com.au wrote:

> We use NDS for our directory system and all of our user permissions
are
> controlled with NDS, I would like to be able to use winbind so the
prompt
> does not appear but we would need to be running a domain correct ? is
there
> any possible way that anyone knows how I could achive this while
using NDS.

> I know this is a long shot buy anything is possible right ??? :)

I am not a NDS expert, but..

If NDS allows for seemless access to NT servers in the same "domain"
without needing to have NDS specific client software installed on each
and every server then it might work with NTLM out of the box.

If the use of NDS requires specific NDS software to be installed on
each
and every NT server then NTLM most likely won't work.

NTLM is the native authentication method used by Windows NT, and for
it
to work NT needs to be connected to something which resembles a NT
domain.