Re: [squid-users] Single Logon

From: G Welter <G.Welter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:16:58 +0200

>>> Gerard Eviston <geviston@bigpond.net.au> 09/12/02 03:46PM >>>

One alternative would be to use NT for authentication {winbind or ntlm_auth}
and NDS via LDAP {ldap_group} for access control. The upside is that it's
working for me with 2.5.PRE11. The downside is that you need an NT domain (or
samba? but thats another question) for any sort of transparent authentication
and then you have to keep usernames in sync with NDS. See todays
squid_ldap_group thread for another catch. Then again, if you are going to
put in a domain then you could use NT groups instead of NDS groups.

But us Novell 'followers' would like to cut as much as Microsoft servers out of the middle. Every server needs maintenance. MS servers some more. Especially in our educational environment where we train youngsters in IT-technology. Some of them are crackers in the bud...

Gerben.