[squid-users] Re: Authentication squid with Windows 2000 Active Directory

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:59:01 +0200 (CEST)

It is highly preferable to use the winbind method for connecting to the
Windows NT domain.

If you wish to use the old SMB based ntlm_auth helper then it expects the
login server(s) to be named

   domain\\servername

You should list many servers if you have to work around certain
limitations of the SMB protocol used. The listed servers do not need to be
domain controllers but need to be member of the domain (or a trusted
domain).