Re: [squid-users] Which Compiler for Squid on Linux x86?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 13:29:23 -0500

Where've ya been? The PGCC was folded back into the official GCC in
2000, or thereabouts. I think around version 2.95. 3.x will certainly
improve upon that.

The Intel compiler is probably better, but we won't know until someone
does some benchmarks. Sometimes I play the roll of "someone", so I
wouldn't consider it an unlikely occurrence in the relative near future.
  I guess it depends on how hard it is to convince RPM to build me a
Squid with icc.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.