[squid-users] Question regarding Squid auth using getpwam and rp-pppoe-server

From: james jones <jame_sj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 18:37:32 -0700 (PDT)

I am a software tester and also build network
configurations to similate various conditions....
Recently I built a PPPoE server using rp-pppoe to test
connection detection thru various pppoe clients. I
need to force ip restrictions on some of the different
username that are allowed to pass thru the pppoe
server Do you think it is possible to use getpwam
auth to check the /etc/passwd file that the pppoe
clients validate against in order to pass the users
thru the various ACL's I need per username? The PPPoE
server calls pppd to make the connections and validate
the users.

Thanks in advance....

James