[squid-users] ACL: different users going to different proxies?

From: Andrew Nelson <andrew__nelson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 14:06:29 +1000

Hi,

I have squid authenticating against mysql. I'd like
to be able to set up the ACLs so that the proxy
behaves differently for 3 groups of users:

admin - allows immediate access
staff - allows if the URL isn't in a 'banned url list'
normal - allows immediate access if the URL is in 'allowed-list',
         otherwise forwards them to another proxy (on a different port)

I've read through a ton of documentation trying to
get this sorted out and wonder if someone could please
give me some tips.. I thought it would be pretty easy.

Thanks,
Andrew.