Re: [squid-users] NIMDA problem

From: Ricardo Kustner <hammer1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 12:07:19 +0200

Hi,

Nitin Bilgi wrote:
> I have in my squid.conf with the entries to deny nimda but
> my network is infetcted with nimda. How do i confirm that
> this it is stopping nimda in any of the log files??.
> If so give me a solution in squid to stop nimda and its varients

I don't think Squid should be the only place where you block NIMDA
worms... if I'm not mistaken, there are also other ways it can creep
into your network (ie, I think there's at least one Outlook virus which
spreads something like nimda)...
the best solution is to keep your NT/2000 IIS servers up to date with
security patches anyway.

Regards,

Ricardo.