Re: [squid-users] SSL problems from MS clients

From: Matt Kehler <mkehler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:34:50 -0500

Odd that you mention this...I had a user complain to me today regarding
the very same Easyweb site. (we're using squid 2.4.something)..although
they said it DID work last week...I thought it was just TDcanada making
changes...

Matt

>>> <squid@net-sweeper.com> 09/17/02 02:13PM >>>
Ok, I've got another problem that I can seem to make head or tails of.

 Basically, I have a MS proxy connecting to squid which connects
through
a raptor firewall and out to the internet from there. For some reason,

some ssl sites can't connect through from MS workstations (ie.
https://easyweb.tdcanadatrust.com. If I'm runnging from a Linux
workstation I have no problems. If the MS proxy is taken out of the
loop the MS workstations still have a problem. If the squid proxy is
taken out of the loop the MS clients make it out to the internet
without
any problems. I've done a tcpdump and I can see that data is making it

to and from the webserver, and also I can see that data is making it to

the client. However, the client keeps going as if it's not received
anything at all.

Also, everything worked perfectly with squid2.3. We basically,
formatted the box and installed Slackware 8.1 on there with squid2.4 (I

think it's release 5, I can check if necessary). Could it have anything

to do with the libraries on Slackware?? Since it worked on the earlier

box, I can't see that it would something simple like strange routing
problem.