Re: [squid-users] squid and windows authentication

From: Ilker Gokhan <ilker.gokhan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:15:46 +0300

Bjarni ?ór Haraldsson wrote:
  I want to install linux with proxy on the network, can squid query the
windows users database???
> and how is that implemented?
> I would like to block some users or even some groups to access the internet through my cache can I do that with squid?
> Is there such a thing as a quota manager on squid, that is can I block sudden amount og data transferred through my cache based on users.
> NOTE the user database lies on the windows 2000 server (Active Directory)

AFAIK, NTLM authentication exists.So, if your Win2000 works like PDC.
You can. But active directory authentication has not been implemented
(at least yet..). See:

http://www.serassio.it/SquidNT/squidnt25.htm

Please correct me If i'm wrong..

Best regards,