Re: [squid-users] Corruption of downloads

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:21:01 +0930

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 10:57:27AM +1000, Roy Duncan wrote:

> I'd be very interested to know if anyone else on the list has
> experienced any problems or corruptions similar to these.

Yes. I have seen this with older versions of squid too. Another
person on the list mentioned seeing this too. Unfortunately, the
incidence seems to be rather low.

> The corruptions take the form of another, unrelated response header
> and body seemingly superimposed upon the body of the requested
> object. A typical example is shown at the end of this email.
> Although the contents are corrupted, the length of the downloaded
> file is always correct. The corruptions can seemingly occur anywhere
> within the file.

Yes, this is exactly what I saw. My work around was to bypass our
ISP's squid cache and go direct to the internet. This resolved our
problem.

--
Brett Lymn