Re: [squid-users] cache retrieve

From: Ilker Gokhan <ilker.gokhan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:55:04 +0300

pparas@lsnepal.com.np wrote:
> we have only 128Kbps link here in my company having more that 100 users.among
> them around 20 users use internet at peak times. now the problem is when say
> user x surfs http://www.testdomain.com it is cached in the proxy with no problem
> now when user y goes into same domain the cached pages don't seems to come too
> fast and sometimes i feel that my users are not going thro proxy because of the
> slowness. now how can i improve my performance to my users that they are very
> happy with proxy. offline proxy?? or any others??. i am under RHL 7.1 with squid
> bundled in it with 866 MHZ PIII procosser and 256 MB of RAM with 7200 RPM HDD.

Use cachemgr.cgi (or client prg) see from General information:

Median Service Times (seconds) 5 min 60 min: (This result expresses
that how many second were objects served towards clients from cache ? )
        HTTP Requests (All): 0.02190 0.03427
        Cache Misses: 0.94847 0.76407
        Cache Hits: 0.01469 0.01235
and also,