Re: [squid-users] forwarded to the same URL each time

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:16:39 +0200

Grégory Luguet wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just installed a squid proxy on... let's call the machine "fooproxy",
> which is supposed to be a secondary cache (I have no idea of the parent
> cache's nature and configuration, except its name and that browsers access
> it via port 80).

 Questionable practice, you should know something about it, such
as which software/hardware it is using. As to avoid the problems
you are mentioning. Or stated, otherwise, the ability to have
'trusting relationship' with your parents, I mean web parents of couse
:-).

> I configured it in order to save bandwith on my local subnetwork & reduce
> the (taxed) calls to this proxy.
> I join my squid.conf as attached file to give you an idea.
> My problem is that whatever url I type in browsers using "fooproxy" as
> proxy, I am forwarded to the "fooproxy" 's Apache server's default page.

 Confusing sentence, I do not understand : is foorproxy your proxy,
 or is it the parent ?

 M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM