[squid-users] Subject: Very Short Survey on Cache configurations, please help!

From: Timothy Cockle <t.cockle@dont-contact.us>
Date: 25 Sep 2002 09:16:42 +0100

Hi,

This is a reissue of an earlier e-mail, I got four responses,
unfortunately all
but one were interested in the results! So I thought I would try again,
know
this is not strictly a squid question but I don’t know of an alternative
source
for the information but I could really do with your help… and you all
seam
like
nice people!

If enough of you reply, I’ll post the findings after they have been
collated.

I am interested in finding out what the average size is for a HTTP proxy
cache
for different numbers of clients.

a) Approximately how many users access your cache?

b) How large is your cache (in GB)?

c) Do you use LRU GD-Size or LFU-DA

Also if you happen to know,
What is the total number of HTTP requests for a week?
And
What is your average hit rate?

Answers to all or any of the questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tim (A Ph.D. student desperately trying to finish his Thesis!)

PS. If anyone knows of any similar information, any pointers would be
appreciated to!