[squid-users] complex cache_peer error

From: Michael Smirnov <smb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 19:17:00 +0400

squid-2.5.PRE12 on FreeBSD 4.2-R.
I have cache_peer parent (my ISP), and
I tried to permit only some client PCs
to download through my squid via the parent
_without_ delay-pools.
Other groups of my PCs should download via the parent
_with_ delay pools.
All client PCs should download _with_ delay pools when
going DIRECT.

So, I tried 2 cache_peer strings below,
but in cachemgr I see that the 1st peer is up, but the 2nd is always down.
However, it is all the same - my ISP's Squid, it can't be up and down simultaneously.
After my ISP added another IP to his server,
and I changed 2nd cache_peer to IP, it worked, both "peers" were up!!!

Hw can I solve this without 2nd IP? Can I use a DNS alias instead?

# Without delay-pools
cache_peer isp.domain.com parent 3128 3130 connect-timeout=1 no-delay
cache_peer_access isp.domain.com allow masters
cache_peer_access isp.domain.com allow admins
cache_peer_access isp.domain.com deny all

# With delay-pools
cache_peer isp.domain.com parent 3128 3130 connect-timeout=1
cache_peer_access isp.domain.com allow all