RE: [squid-users] 3rd try: opposite direction of redirect -- filterpointer?

From: Linda <squid-user@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:51:09 -0700

---
The redirect feature, as I understand it, allows a client's ouptput
to be redirected to an external application before it is given to squid to
to fetch an answer.  Yes?
Next, we would exect output from a target server (or from squid if it is cached,
but assuming not) which I want to "redirect" to an external application before
giving the output to squid for storage and passing on to the real client.
Normal case looks like:
1) client "GET content" from Server
2) Server sends response over same TCP session to client.
(server answer ----> client)
	or, more explicitly, with squid, #2 looks like:
[server---->]squid---->client
	I want:
[server---->"filter-app"---->]squid---->client
So if I understand redirect, it  looks like:
client---->"redirect-app"------>squid[------>server]
I want to filter the content from the "sender" before it is processed by
squid.
Thanks for responding -- wasn't even sure my prior emails posted correctly.
-linda