Re: [squid-users] Initial Squid Config Question

From: Technology Listserves <techlists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 09:05:08 -0500

Thank you for your response Colin -

The /etc/sysconfig/network files has:

NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME='EDILXPS01'
GATEWAY=172.31.1.1

The gateway address is correct and the hostname is the name of the linux squid server. Also, the no route to host error is being reported by the browser machine.

Hi,

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Technology Listserves wrote:

> I am first configuring Squid 2.4 on a RedHat 7.3 server. When I
> attempt to use a browser set to our squid server, I get a "(113) No
> route to host" error. Is there a place in squid that you must
> configure where the gateway router is?

This is not a squid problem. It's an OS problem - routing is handled in
the kernel. First of all, who's reporting "no route to host"? Your browser
machine or your squid? On your squid system, have a look at
/etc/sysconfig/network. What's in it?

Colin

--
Colin Campbell