[squid-users] Squid has ident, not sending to redirector

From: Rick Matthews <RedHat.Linux@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 08:03:03 -0500

Greetings.

I'm stumped on this and I would appreciate any help.

The problem:
Ident not working with squidGuard source groups.

The facts:
- Squid is doing ident; I see it in the access.log.
- squidGuard is not receiving the ident; I've verified that in a
squidGuard log.
- Not set up as a transparent proxy (I don't think the ident would
be in the access.log if it was transparent, but I wanted to mention it).
- Using version 2.4.STABLE7 of Squid, not an older version.

The only semi-weird detail is that this is all on one machine. So the
ip from the desktop is 127.0.0.1.

Why would squid have the ident and not send it to the redirector?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.