[squid-users] Connections persist

From: SVR Anand <anand@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 22:25:14 +0530 (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

With maxconn acl I could now restrict the number of TCP connections, 4 in my
case, that can be opened by one IP. 4 because I am seeing browsers opening
around 4 parallel connections while accessing a url.

Now, the problem I am encountering is, even after complete url is downloaded
'netstat -tn' continues to give the connections in ESTABLISHED state. As a
result the users are access denied to open further connections for more than
1 minute till FIN_WAIT2 appears. Can I reduce this time through squid.conf ?

I tried giving 'read_timeout 30 seconds' in the squid.conf anticipating that
the connections will be released, it didn't work.

Help me!

Anand