[squid-users] Best redirector?

From: Erick Arturo Perez <cripto@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 01:35:37 -0500

Sirs, A squid project is about to begin in our company (small ISP) and
we want to use a redirector in order to offer (if possible) porn
blocking and stuff like that, to registered users. So the idea goes like
this....

Everybody uses the proxy, no exceptions.
There are dial-up customers who get DHCP IP addresses (from a radius and
a dhcp server), there are static addresses also (cable modem, frame
relay).

User A wants to surf with no control or authentication. (he does not
pay)
User B wants to surf with porn blocking activated. (he pays)
User C wants porn blocking, sport blocking and all else open. (he pays)

Questions:
Is there a redirector that can be used by Squid to enforce ACL
permissions "per user/ip/etc" restrictions?
What will be the best strategy to authenticate/enforce the ACLs and/or
site blocks?
Does the site blocking lists get updated?
If so, from your admin experience, can you recommend me your favorite
choice of redirector that can solve User A,B,C issues?

Thanks,

Erick A. Perez H.
PGP ID: 0xF4FAF330
PGP Fingerprint: 3B75 C625 03CD 5304 3266
                 D3A2 AFEC C89B F4FA F330