[squid-users] Squid Subprocess

From: -JhAzEr- <catsedp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:45:02 +0800

I'm using Squid-2.5Stable-1 on my test server, and tried to check if it's working on my workstation. It works...but there's something i noticed when i run ps ax from the server. Squid spawns a lot of subprocesses (i think around 20 subprocesses. considering that i've only accessed 3 websites from the client workstation). Is this normal? cause in Squid-2.4Stable7, i never encountered this thing (i just imagine how many subprocesses will my server spawns if i'd already implemented it as our gateway server). btw, i'm using aufs as my dir cache.

|+------- Slackware 8.1 -------+|

-JhAzEr-
GNUPG Key ID : 0x283192EC

"...You can't hack, what you can't find."

|+---- Sylpheed-Claws 0.8.2 ---+|