[squid-users] winbind vs smb_auth

From: Justin Ellison <justin@dont-contact.us>
Date: 08 Oct 2002 20:42:38 -0500

Hello all,

        Setting up a new squid box to replace an existing one. The existing
setup uses smb_auth to only allow access to users belonging to the
"Internet Users" group on the windows domain.
        I originally set this up before the winbind functionality came to
Samba. Reading up on the docs, it looks like a really cool feature - a
lot more integrated. However, for this particular application (not all
members of the domain have access to the proxy), it appears as though I
should stick with smb_auth.
        Am I correct? If not, what direction do I look in?

Thanks in advance,

Justin