Re: [squid-users] Upgrading from Squid Version 2.4.STABLE2 to Version 2.5.STABLE1

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:41:57 +0200

"Sheahan, John (PCLN-NW)" wrote:

> I am attempting an upgrade of our production squid servers today and I don'
> t want to "blow it"!
> I don't see any specific instructions in the readme files for upgrades. Is
> there a document available to help me with this? If not, can someone give me
> a quick run down on the steps and the gotchas? Thanks.

 There is ,as far as I know, not much info concerning
upgrading mainly because it is not that a big deal.
I advise to read the 2.5S1 release notes.

Incorporate your 2.4 conf specifics , in a maiden 2.5 conf file.

Do not simply use your 2.4 conf file.

That's about it.

M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM