[squid-users] Secure websites problem

From: Kamesh Patel <kamesh.patel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:28:05 +0100

Hi all,

I have noticed a problem over the last week or so with squid 2.4-STABLE7 and
secure websites.

The problem i am getting is client browsers are attempting to get to these
secure sites. When they go to the site for the first time that hour, for
example, (after the website would have been expired from the cache (i
think!)) the site times out and the user has to click refresh. In some case
the website persists in timing out and in other cases the website will load
up.

Even though this may seem to be a minor problem, as squid is doing (from
what i know) what squid is supposed to do, i have had a lot of complaints
from the users at the company i work for about this.

I was hoping that someone could help me resolve this.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kamesh