[squid-users] MSNT_AUTH with Squid 2.5STABLE1 - does it work?

From: <dhandcock@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:28:27 +1000

I was wondering whether anyone out there has managed to get MSNTAUTH
working in 2.5STABLE1?

I have it working fine in 2.4STABLE7, but my testing in 2.5STABLE1 has
proved fruitless.

I get the following message appear when I try and start squid:

IGNORING invalid ACL: .....because no authentication schemes are fully
configured ACL 'acl access proxy_auth REQUIRED

I have entered the necessary new configuration lines as follows:

     auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/bin/msntauth
     auth_param basic children 5
     auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
     auth_param basic realm Squid Proxy Server

     acl access proxy_auth REQUIRED

I see no error messages, and msntauth does work from the command line, so
what is going on?

Is there an undocumented feature here that I am missing somewhere?

Tks

Dallas

mail.administrator@jupiters.com.au