[squid-users] NTLM & Basic Authentication

From: Billy Macdonald <whmac33@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 07:44:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

    I have configured squid 2.5.s1 & winbindd for ntlm & basic authentication.
The clients use predominately IE & Outlook for browsing the web. The NTLM
authentication works great, users almost all of the time do not get an NTLM
dialog box. However sometimes while they are browsing the web a basic
authentication dialog will pop up in Internet Explorer. Any ideas how I can
troubleshoot why this is popping up. It only happens once every couple of days
and I can't reproduce it, I'm just told about it sometimes.

Thank you,

Billy