[squid-users] integerated mail+ftp+proxy+samba auth mysql

From: anton heryanto <anton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:15:09 +0700

Hello all
thanks for the open source project!!!!
I'm campus network administrator and I try to implement single-sign on
with auth backend using mysql database!!!
I have searched server that we need that using mysql as auth module for
*nix and windows desktop and found :
mail server --> qmail + vpopmail+mysql
ftp server --> pureftp + mysql
proxy server --> squid+mysql
domain logon \
file server > samba +mysql --> only work for 2.0.x , 2.2.x still on
progress (by Jelmer Vernooij)
print server /
web server --> apache+mod_auth_mysql
---------------------
but I have a difficulty, because each server use their own mysql
database, table and password encryption, I want to that all server use
same database and table and if could be use same password encryption
method .

And I want to using squid_mysql_auth for authenticate user by user and
domain
user@domain, but because dialog box in web browser that squid load just
have to parameter ? username and password so I have to use username by
user@domain, but there is anybody know how squid told browser to using
dialog box : username and password and domain like exchange do &.

Sorry, for my bad English
thanks for all of you attention and help

Regards

Anton