AW: [squid-users] AW: downloaded file comes from cache instead of new file

From: Mrvka Andreas <mrv@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:15:28 +0200

hi Marc!

i know how to make webservers cache-aware.

but i'm thinking of webservers of other companies.
i cannot manipulate the behaviour of foreign webservers and
when they copy a new version of a file onto their webserver
our proxy has to fetch the new one and not to show the old.

but i will study your web-link too :o)

bye
Andreas

Marc Elsen wrote:

> hi all!
>
> whats the configuration in squid.conf for caching?
> i installed a new file on my webserver with the same name
> as the old one and the proxy takes the old from the cache
> instead looking if the file is new.
>
> please help me.

 Installing a new file, translating it in webterms,
 'could' be formulated as 'upgrading information'.

 There are a lot of issues as how to make webservers
 'cache-aware' in a positive sense, so to speak.

 There is an interesting document at :

  http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

 I would adivise studying it.

 (among other perhaps).