Re: [squid-users] running out of filedescriptors

From: Glen Van Lehn <gvanlehn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:35:37 -0700

i run BSDi 4.3 and ran into this problem with the default distribution
binary, which allowed only 128 FD's. The FAQ had a reference to
squid-1.1 & bsd 2.1, which basically said to increase the OS user
resources and re-compile squid.
I thought that might be outdated, but found that that is what worked.

my PEU was that the makefile probed the os and built the user limit into
the binary. i tried several things that seemed logical but it didn't
work until i re-compiled after the os resources were changed.. ymmv

check FAQ http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.4 item.

doesn't have HPUX specifically, maybe the Solaris + general BSD would
help

glen van lehn city college san francisco
[PEU - probabbly erroneous understanding ;]