RE: [squid-users] Newbie Log Question

From: Maildrop <maildrop@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:17:00 -0500

rm -rf /var/log/*; chmod 000 /var/log; reboot

;)

(don't try that!)

I don't think Squid has this feature built in.

There is a program out there called newsyslog (might be installed with
RedHat by default?) that will rotate various log files for you. (search
freshmeat.net if not all ready installed on your system).

Or you could create a small shell script to do it for you:

#!/bin/sh

cp /var/log/squid3.log /var/log/squid4.log
cp /var/log/squid2.log /var/log/squid3.log
cp /var/log/squid1.log /var/log/squid2.log
cp /var/log/squid.log /var/log/squid1.log
cp /dev/null /var/log/squid.log
exit

and run it out of crontab ever X days.

Regards,