Re: [squid-users] log rotate

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:16:24 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Mrvka Andreas wrote:

> hi!
>
> can anyboby explain me how to work with
> the option "log_rotate" ???
>
> please don't refer me to the squid-faq, because there was
> IMHO too less description.

Was squid.conf any help? ie

# TAG: logfile_rotate
# Specifies the number of logfile rotations to make when you
# type 'squid -k rotate'. The default is 10, which will rotate
# with extensions 0 through 9. Setting logfile_rotate to 0 will
# disable the rotation, but the logfiles are still closed and
# re-opened. This will enable you to rename the logfiles
# yourself just before sending the rotate signal.
#
# Note, the 'squid -k rotate' command normally sends a USR1
# signal to the running squid process. In certain situations
# (e.g. on Linux with Async I/O), USR1 is used for other
# purposes, so -k rotate uses another signal. It is best to get
# in the habit of using 'squid -k rotate' instead of 'kill -USR1
# <pid>'.
#

Colin

--