[squid-users] some questions about LDAP authentication.

From: Hans van Varik <HVV@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:43:34 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to make LDAP authentication work.

Squid runs perfectly 2.5.stable1 on redhat 7.3.
In our network we have about 250 users in a novell nw411 network with one GWIA running LDAP.

I have "make-ed" the LDAP authentication program in squid2.5stable1/helpers/basic-auth/LDAP and copied it to /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid_ldap_auth .

What i like to know is how i must use the "auth_param ntlm program " line with wich parameters to use the "squid_ldap_auth" program.

and how do i test the program on the command prompt to test the ldap server ??

i have e.g. a user cn=hvv.ou=auto.ou=west.o=staedion in the novell nds what would be the commandline to test his password ??

Thank you for support !!

Hans