[squid-users] how to set up squid as https accelerator ?

From: Илья Шипицин <ilia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:30:42 +0600 (YEKST)

Dear Sirs,

I'm running mod_proxy on apache and therefore I forward requests for
different virtual hosts to another servers (In my case, I must share
different platforms on the single IP address). That's work well with plain
http, however I could set it up for forwarding https requests.

It seems that squid-2.5 is able to do such a thing ?

I need to forward all "connect" requests that comes to 8888 port of
machine where squid is running to 192.168.x.y:8888 where is running
apache+mod_ssl.

Could anybody enlight me how to set up such a thing ?

Is it possible not to display those requests at access.log ?
(because I'm using access.log for accounting stuff here)

Regards, (Наилучшие пожелания)
Ilia Chipitsine (Илья Шипицин)