[squid-users] error: Zero Sized Reply

From: Rick Coloccia <coloccia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:26:29 -0400

Hi Everyone-

I've been crawling through the archives, but I'm not having much luck...

I have business students that need to get to www.iamamerchant.com.

I am using squid 25Stable1 as a transparent proxy for my residence halls,
but not for the academic buildings.

I can access this site just fine from anywhere that doesn't go through the
squid transparent proxy. The exact error page is at the bottom of the message.

I tried adding to squid.conf with no success:

#Sites to pass through
#___________________________________________________________

acl iamamerchant dstdomain .iamamerchant.com
always_direct allow iamamerchant

Linux box is redhat 7.3, dual 900 MHz processors, 1 GB ram...

I haven't had any other problems with the box at all...

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance!

-Rick

This is the error I get when I browse to www.iamamerchant.com

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.iamamerchant.com/

The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Your cache administrator is systems@geneseo.edu.

Generated Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:12:33 GMT by firewall.geneseo.edu
(squid/2.5.STABLE1)

--
Rick Coloccia
Network Analyst